We’re excited to announce the launch of Salal Academy, our new four-week immersive job-prep training program designed for people in our community who are interested in exploring a career in banking. Best of all, you’ll get paid to learn. Participants get a $1,000 stipend when they complete the program.
The Academy’s goal is to provide participants with concrete, transferable skills in banking software, industry knowledge, and customer service to help open the door to entry-level career opportunities in the financial services industry. The program is a great starting point for job roles such as teller, personal financial representative (PFR), universal banker, and phone support representative. Through the program, we also aim to reach people in communities who have traditionally been under-represented in the banking world, letting them know about the many opportunities available in the world of financial services.
Salal Academy isn’t just a job-shadow program—it’s a foot in the door. Through classroom-based learning, independent activities, in-branch training, and professional development (including practice job interviews), you’ll leave the program with the technical and soft skills training you need to help you land a job in banking. And if you decide you’d like to work for Salal, you’ll already have many of the essential skills you need to succeed.
July 5 through July 29
Application due date:
May 6, 2022
Selected applicants will be notified by the first week of June.
$1,000 stipend ($500 after first two weeks, $500 upon successful completion of the program).
Academy participants who need assistance with transportation costs will be offered an Orca card.
The Academy features learning in several different settings, including in-person (at our Northgate headquarters, which is a quick walk from the Northgate light rail station), job-shadowing in one of our branches, and an online component.
We value a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcome all applicants. We especially encourage individuals who have an interest in working in the financial industry.
- Participants must be available for the entire four weeks (July 5—July 29).
- The hours of instruction vary but will be within a range of 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., M-F (with the potential for some Saturdays).
- No previous work experience is required.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Participants will need to complete a background check.
- Participants need to have access to a computer, laptop, or mobile device with dependable Wi-Fi, or be able to get online at a library.
- For stipend payment, participants will need a social security number. (Note: in the future we hope to be able to invite participants with ITINs.)
Enrollment Open Now
Applications due by May 6.Apply Now
If you have questions or want more information about the Salal Academy program, feel free to email us at Academy@SalalCU.org.
Want to learn more about current job opportunities at Salal? Check out our careers page.